Process & Book Transfers
Built in 1851 Vert Lodge is one of Chamonix’s original purpose built hotels. It was originally built to service the growing trade in tourism happening and predominately Victorians keen to escape smog in London during the summer months. Originally the lodge was called “Relais des Gaillands” as it formed part of the mail service network and was on the main road to Geneva.
When the trainline was built in 1904 a lake was created during construction and the hotel was renamed “Miroir du Mont Blanc” to highlight the amazing reflections seen in the lake. We proudly display the original furnace from 1851 in the restaurant as well as old pictures of Chamonix and some classic posters from the era.